Any service/maintenance requests can take up to 72 hours to complete. Units are NOT brand new and can have dents or dings.
- Damaged or missing unit: $495
- Cleaning fee: $25
- Late/rescheduled unit pick up: $40
- Dissembling the microwave from the fridge: $50
- Cancellation fee: $40
- Not notifying USS of room move: $25
- MicroFridge®’s are 100% refundable when a student cancels before the unit is delivered.
- After the unit is delivered, a partial refund is given ($40 pick-up fee deduction) if canceled within 2 weeks of the student moving in.
- MicroFridge®’s are *nonrefundable* when a student has had the unit in their possession for 2 weeks or longer.
- Covers damage or loss of any and all parts that come with the unit, including; two shelves, door bars, microwave ring, legs, brackets, and knobs.
- Covers accidental damage through customer misuse, including; damage to the unit body, doors, and microwave.
- The insurance is optional and the customer is responsible for any fees not specifically covered by the insurance.
- DOES NOT COVER fee for loss or theft of the unit (above)
- DOES NOT COVER fee for cleaning at the end of the year (above)
- DOES NOT COVER fee for moving the unit and not notifying USS (above)
- DOES NOT COVER any other fee not explicitly stated as being covered
- We attempt to deliver prior to student move-in. If equipment is not in the room upon move-in, allow 7-10 business days after student move-in concludes.
- Incomplete housing information may delay the delivery of your equipment.
- Equipment is delivered into the room you provide on your ordering form. If your room changes, you are responsible for updating our office. Housing will not update our records.
- If students move rooms in the middle of the Academic Year or Semester, they are responsible for moving the equipment along with their personal items and updating our office of their new placement.
Pick up Procedures
- Unless you are moving out early, you do not need to schedule a pick-up of the unit. End of year pick-ups are coordinated through University Housing.
- If the student leaves the University prior to the end of the academic school year, it is the student's responsibility to notify us so we can pick up the unit or have it transferred into the roommates / suitemates name to remove liability.
- ASU, UA, LSU, OSU, Boise, NWU, and LUC units will be left in the room at the end of the academic school year. We will pick-up the units once all students have left campus.
- OKCU units will need to be placed directly outside of door in the hall for pickup at the end of the academic school year. We will pick up units once students have left campus.
- All units must be unplugged, emptied, completely cleaned and wiped down prior to pickup.
USS will provide the customer with laundry bags and identification cards. USS reserves the right not to pick up items that are not in these bags, but may decide to pick up such items in its sole discretion. The customer agrees not to include any of the following that are in or attached to any of the items to be cleaned or inside any of the customer’s laundry bags: (i) non-washable items, (ii) items that are labeled for hand washing and/or dry-cleaning only, or (iii) any other items not meant for laundering or dry-cleaning. The customer is responsible for any and all damage caused by any items left in the customer’s clothing or laundry bag that cause damage to the clothing of any customer, the cleaning machines, or any other property of USS or its customers. USS is not responsible for, and shall not pay for, any loss, damage or theft of items left unattended by the customer for pickup or delivery. Refund will decrease by $20/per week that the service was available, regardless of service use.
USS will use reasonable efforts to maintain a high quality cleaning service. USS accepts no liability for damage due to normal cleaning of items without care instructions, and accepts no liability for items treated in accordance with the care labels or other instructions provided. USS accepts no liability for “special care” items that require special attention to be cleaned or that do not have care instructions. USS is not responsible for clothing bleeding, shrinking, or otherwise changing as a result of normal washing procedures. Precautions will be taken to alleviate these problems if possible. USS reserves the right to refuse to clean any garment. USS does not guarantee the removal of all stains. USS will have its cleaning service re-clean items that, in its sole discretion, were not properly cleaned and have not been worn since they were cleaned. USS is not responsible for loss of or damage to any personal or non-cleanable items left in the clothing or laundry bags such as money, jewelry, or any other item. The customer agrees not to leave such items in its clothing or in its laundry bags.
Loss or Damage
In the rare instance that your garment is lost or damaged by USS, we will issue you a refund or credit for the value of that garment, as specified in the National Fair Claims Guide from the International Fabricare Institute (“IFI”). This guide takes into account the average life of the garment, depreciation for the age of the item, and the current replacement cost. If the customer is unable to document the age of a garment, the customer can attest to the age but USS, in its sole discretion, may limit the minimum age of any garment to one year. If no current replacement cost is available (e.g., because the item is no longer available in stores), USS may use the replacement cost of a comparable item currently available. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the maximum reimbursement for each individual item is $200. We are not liable for any preexisting damage to garments. If we find any preexisting damage or have a concern about the colorfastness, or the age or weakness of the fabric, we will contact you to obtain your approval before proceeding to care for the item. If we are unable to obtain your authorization in a timely manner, then we may return the item without cleaning it.
Missing or damaged items must be reported to us within three (3) days or within a reasonable amount of time of delivery of the item(s). If you believe that USS is in possession of an item but we have no record of its pickup, we request that you inform us immediately so we can start an investigation and you can search at home. If, after seven (7) days, the item has not been found, we may compensate you for the loss of the item in accordance with the IFI guide, at our discretion.