The services of the University and Student Services Inc, an Illinois corporation usually known as USS is provided subject to your (the “Customer”) compliance and acceptance with the terms and conditions set forth below (this “Agreement”). Please read the following agreement carefully. The Customer’s use of any of USS services indicates the Customer’s agreement to be bound by this Agreement. This Agreement is strictly between USS and the Customer and does not in any way constitute or imply any relationship with any other parties. As a condition to using any of USS services, and for the mutual benefit of both USS and the Customer, the undersigned customer agrees to the following terms and conditions:
USS’s liability under this Agreement shall be limited to general money damages in an amount not to exceed the charges for the term of service paid by the Customer in the term under which the damages are alleged to have occurred. This liability shall be the extent of USS’s liability regardless of the form in which any legal or equitable action may be brought and the foregoing shall constitute the Customer’s exclusive remedy in lieu of any and all other remedies. In no event will USS be held liable or be responsible for any consequential, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages whether or not USS knew or should have known of the likelihood of any loss or damages. USS disclaims all warranties express or implied with respect to the services rendered under this Agreement including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
The customer acknowledges and agrees to assume complete responsibility for any rental equipment and the potential fees listed below until it is returned to USS.
Pricing for services can be found on the USS website. USS accepts all major debit and credit cards as form of payment (ex. Mastercard, visa, amex, discover, etc). Applicable service fees will be debited from the credit card on file. Authorization to debit applicable service fees from credit card on file is agreed to upon agreeing to our terms and conditions at checkout. Accepting the terms and conditions at checkout indicates to USS that you consent for any *applicable* fees for any service not specifically covered by the insurance to be charged to the card on file automatically.
We will contact you personally if there are any problems with the card on file
Applicable Fees (all Services)
- Damaged or Missing MicroFridge® Unit: $495.00
- Damaged or Missing Minifridge Unit: $335.00
- MicroFridge®/MiniFridge Cleaning Fee: $50.00
- Dissembling MicroFridge® Unit: $50.00
- Damaged or Missing Water Cooler
- ASU - $150.00
- UA - $150.00
- Tulane - $300.00
- Refurbishing fee (Tulane University Only): $50.00
- Jug Overage fee (Tulane University Only): $15.00 per jug
- Missing Empty Jugs (Jugs not properly returned): $7.00 per jug
- Unit pick-up fee (Any Rental Equipment): $40.00
- Failure to notify of room change (Any Rental Equipment): $25.00
- Cancelation Fee: $0.00-$40.00 (dependent on time of cancelation request, see refund policy)
- Housekeeping Additional Sink: $49.95
- Auto renewal charge for Spring Semester (Excluding MicroFridge®/MiniFridge Rentals)
Refund Policy (all Services)
- MicroFridge®’s are refundable when a student cancels before the unit is delivered.
- After the unit is delivered, a partial refund is given ($40.00 pick-up fee deduction) if canceled within 2 weeks of the student moving in.
- MicroFridge®’s are nonrefundable when a student has had the unit in their possession for 2 weeks or longer.
- Minifridges are always refundable upon cancellation.
- After the unit is delivered, a $40.00 pick-up fee will be deducted from the refund.
- (Northwestern University only)
- Cooler + Water Jug Delivery Plans:
- All Water Cooler + Jug Delivery plans are entitled to a full refund prior to the install.
- If we are contacted after the equipment has been installed, there is a $40.00 pick-up fee deducted from your refund.
- Equipment returned after install at Tulane University will have a $40.00 refurbishing fee deducted from their refund.
- Unused jugs that have already been delivered are not refundable.
- Water Jug Only Delivery Plans:
- Refunds are solely dependent on the time of cancelation. Once cancelation is requested, our customer care team will notify you of the refund amount.
- Unused jugs that have already been delivered are not refundable.
- Housekeeping is 100% refundable when it is canceled prior to service start date.
- If cleanings have passed, the refund you receive is pro-rated and based on the time of cancelation.
- Housekeeping refund are not issued and rescheduling is not available for any forfeited cleanings.
- Fridge Additional Insurance
- This insurance covers all damages, broken parts, and missing items upon pick-up except a missing microwave plate.
- This coverage does not cover a dirty unit.
- Opt-in to avoid a possible $50.00 cleaning fee! Just unplug your MicroFridge® or Minifridge, take all of your personal items out and we will clean it upon pick-up at the end of your rental term!
- Water Additional Insurance
insurance covers any damages to the cooler while in your students possession. It also covers any theft of up to (2) jugs. While theft is not a common issue we face, it does cover the replacement jugs should this occur.
- Students are responsible for reporting stolen jugs to their RA or front desk before USS is able to submit a request for replacement
- DOES NOT COVER fee for loss or theft of the unit
- DOES NOT COVER fee for moving the unit and not notifying USS
- DOES NOT COVER any other fee not explicitly stated as being covered
The insurance is optional and the customer is responsible for any fees not specifically covered by the insurance.
Accepting the terms and conditions at checkout indicates to USS that you consent for any *applicable* fees not specifically covered by the insurance to be charged to the card on file automatically.
We will contact you personally if there are any problems with the card on file.
Garment Service (Laundry Service Only)
USS accepts no liability for damage due to normal cleaning of items without care instructions and accepts no liability for items treated in accordance with the care labels or other instructions provided. USS accepts no liability for “special care” items that require special attention to be cleaned or that do not have care instructions. USS is not responsible for clothing bleeding, shrinking, or otherwise changing as a result of normal washing procedures. Precautions will be taken to alleviate these problems if possible. USS reserves the right to refuse to clean any garment. USS does not guarantee the removal of all stains. USS will have its cleaning service re-clean items that, at its sole discretion, were not properly cleaned and have not been worn since they were cleaned. USS is not responsible for loss of or damage to any personal or non-cleanable items left in the clothing or laundry bags such as money, jewelry, or any other item. The customer agrees not to leave such items in its clothing or in its laundry bags.
- Missing or damaged items must be reported to us within three (3) days
- In the rare instance that your garment is lost or damaged by USS, we will issue you a refund or credit for the value of that garment, as specified in the National Fair Claims Guide from the International Fabricare Institute (“IFI”), after seven (7) days of being reported missing/damaged.
- If the customer is unable to document the age of a garment, the customer can attest to the age but USS, in its sole discretion, may limit the minimum age of any garment to one year. If no current replacement cost is available (e.g., because the item is no longer available in stores), USS may use the replacement cost of a comparable item currently available.
- Maximum reimbursement for each individual item is $200
Except as specifically provided in this Agreement, the Customer waives any claims for damage to, or loss of, any article against USS and its representatives. The Customer expressly releases and holds USS, and its representatives, agents, and employees harmless from any and all costs of processing any claim or defending any claim arising from this Agreement.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed, interpreted, and construed according to the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. The customer agrees that all disputes shall be resolved by bench trial. The customer does hereby waive any and all rights to a jury trial in the event of a dispute between Customer and USS. The Customer agrees that any court action pertaining to this Agreement shall be conducted in and that venue specifically lies in the court of the Eighteenth Circuit District, DuPage County, Illinois.